Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Naming Your Wedding Reception Tables

















Elizabeth called me while setting up for a wedding at Parkway last weekend. She just HAD to tell me about the creative table names the bride and groom had used and I had to agree that it was a such a wonderfully personal idea.

The bride and groom had assembled a list of facts and details about their relationship and used them to name each table. For example, "365 Miles" was one of the table names and represented the number of miles they had to travel to reach each other for their first meeting. So cute! It would be really neat to include a small paragraph explaining the name for your guests to read. The names could come from anywhere! Some ideas may be:

• where you first met
• had your first kiss
• favorite vacation spot
• favorite song
• an inside joke
• favorite restaurant
• how expensive your first date was
• where you went to school together
• the date of your wedding day!

I like the idea of breaking away from the numbering system. Let your table names help tell your wedding day story. If you have a theme, consider expanding the theme into your table names. For example, a wine themed wedding could use different grape names or a winter wedding could use winter words like "Frost", "White", "Icicle", or "Snowflake".

Some other fun ways to name your tables:
• photographs
• favorite activities and adventures
• favorite movies
• hobbies
• honeymoon destinations
• Bible verses
• Celtic Symbols
• words of admiration

Do you have other ideas? I'd love to hear them!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are looking into using definitions. Like the definition of love, marriage, happiness, and so on.

The Place said...

VanLoon,
I love that idea! It really helps to set the mood for the evening.

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing idea! I would have never thought of this if you wouldn't have blogged! It has me thinking of themes for my table names now, and when I figure out some good ideas, I will definitely be back to let you know!

Anonymous said...

A friend of my used different Beatles songs and a cousin used different places that the couple had traveled together.